Your daily power uses may include multiple TVs, desktops, chargers, and kitchen appliances, to name a few. These systems require a lot of energy, and your current electrical setup may not be prepared if your home is older. As your family grows and the world becomes more electronically advanced, you may need our expert electrical panels at JMR Electric Group.
Your electrical panel is responsible for diverting power throughout your home. You can add or replace circuit breakers to improve safety or manage more electricity for your house.
Reasons to upgrade your electrical panel include:
- It’s 25+ years old: Outdated wiring can put your home at risk for an electrical fire. The original panel of your home often struggles with inconsistent power or is not up to date on proper safety protocols.
- Increase power needs: Adding a new member to your family, updated smart appliances, or an EV charger for your vehicle significantly increases energy usage. JMR Electric Group provides high-quality electrical panels in Medford, so your home will always meet your power demands.
- You’re using power strips: Homes with small electrical systems often have fewer outlets that can no longer support today’s significant amount of technology. Many homeowners make up for the lack of outlets with power strips. However, constantly using extension cords can overwhelm your system with electricity it can’t handle.
Upgrading your electrical panel protects your home by ensuring your safety and being prepared for higher energy usage. Don’t overload your system with too much electricity when JMR Electric Group is here for you with solutions.
Don’t delay! Our team is here to help. Call (617) 544-2357 when you are ready to schedule, you’re ready to upgrade your electrical system.
Reliable, Skilled Craftsmen
Exceptional Customer Service
When your circuit breaker flips, it’s because that part of your home is drawing too much power. Circuit breakers are critical to keeping your electrical system safe by preventing hazards like sparking or overloading.
Here are common problems your circuit breakers experience:
- When excessive devices are being powered on one circuit, it will overload. Breakers trip occasionally to prevent this, but if this happens frequently, you may not have enough circuits for your home’s needs.
- When a hot wire comes in contact with a neutral wire, it disrupts the electricity’s natural path and causes a short circuit. To prevent this, you should check the cord of your appliances for damage. If your smell burning behind your walls, it could indicate bare wires that are sparking. Our expert electrical panels in Medford can help keep your electrical system from shorting and putting your home at risk.
- When a hot wire touches a ground wire or other bare metal, it produces a ground fault. These are common in older kitchens that don’t have GFCI plugs that protect against water. Water creates an unsafe, unnatural path for electricity.
- Your outlets should never be hot to the touch; if they are, this indicates miswiring. Other signs of faulty wiring behind your walls include discolored outlets or a burning smell. If your electrical components are getting too hot, they may spark and create a fire.
Let us meet your energy needs with an upgraded electrical panel! Schedule your free estimate by calling us at (617) 544-2357 or filling out our online contact form.
“Solid work quality, no matter the job they will work with you.”- Keith Butler
“The two electricians that were assigned to my project were knowledgeable, professional, friendly and did the job the same morning.”- Marissa Parsons
“I am so grateful for Ed and his team helping me navigate through a challenging time with their speed to action and professionalism.”- Courtney Chapman
“They were pleasant, and knowledgeable and gave useful suggestions for future work.”- Sisia Daglian
“Always provided input and insight when needed for a job and shown a willingness to go above and beyond doing what I ask.”- Mark Sironi
“We continue to rely on JMR Electric as they are always professional, extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and reasonably priced.”- Elizabeth Manning
Serving a wide area around Greater Boston, we focus on delivering high-quality electrical solutions in a timely manner.